The Department of Natural Sciences has openings for two, one year visiting professorships, each with the potential for becoming a full-time, non-tenure track position within the department. These are listed below:
Position 1) Organic Chemistry/Bioorganic Chemistry Lab Coordinator:
One year visiting position, with the potential for becoming a full time non-tenure track staff position, to teach Organic Chemistry and Bioorganic Chemistry laboratories beginning September 2019. Lab coordinators assist in designing new labs, prep each lab weekly, and instruct the multiple lab sections.
- Masters degree in organic chemistry or a related discipline required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with instrumentation is preferred.
- Experience with “active learning”.
- Analytical and organizational skills necessary to plan, implement and evaluate educational activities to assure compliance with established goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all university constituents.
Position 2) General chemistry Instructor to teach Lectures and Lab to Nursing and Allied Health Students:
One year visiting position, with the potential for becoming a full time non-tenure track staff position teaching introductory general chemistry, beginning September 2019.
CHE-101 (General Chemistry) An introduction to the basic principles, theories and techniques of chemistry. Topics include: Measurement, stoichiometry, atomic structure, bonding, states of matter, energy, acids/bases and buffers, and chemical reactions.
CHE-101 Lab Laboratory to accompany CHE-101
Courses offered fall, spring and first summer session.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or higher degree required.
- Previous teaching experience at the college level is preferred.
For consideration, submit letter of interest, resume, and references to https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/ . Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until sections are filled. Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.
All hiring decisions are subject to final budgetary approval. Visit www.daemen.edu for more information.